Quote of the Day

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Friday Date Night: Cobb CineBistro in Hyde Park

Let me just get it out of the way right up front: I love the Hyde Park Cobb CineBistro! That is the only one we have been to, but if the sister bistros are anything like this one I would love them too.

I invited my trophy bride out for dinner and a movie last night. We booked seats to see Knight and Day. This Cruise and Diaz movie got a crummy rating from the St. Pete Times, but we both enjoyed it. It was action packed and didn't take itself too seriously. It was good summer-time escapist fare, but I will let someone else do a more in-depth movie review.

The Cobb concept is what gives me the warm fuzzies. The seats are super comfortable, children under 18 are not allowed, and children 18 and over are not tolerated. Before the movie starts a message on the screen screams, "Turn off your freakin' cell phone!" In truth, that may not be an exact quote but it seemed to do the trick.

My date and I ordered a bucket of bottled beer to get us through dinner and the movie. The Fair Maiden ordered the hamburger with sweet potato fries that she declared were prepared just as ordered and were very tasty. I had the Churrasco Steak and Frites. This was a marinated flat iron with a roasted tomato chimichurri sauce with black beans and rice along with plantain French fries. That was one of the best dishes I have had at the Cobb. I have enjoyed the Sesame Seared Tuna on previous visits, but the Churrasco is my new favorite.

I wasn't thrilled with the Popcorn Calamari from a few movies ago. There was real popcorn mixed in with the calamari. The Cobb could have left out the popcorn and the calamari with accompanying sauces would have been just fine.

For the two of us theater admission was $29. Dinner and the bucket of beer came to $62.56 and included the automatic 17.5% gratuity. The servers are professional and courteous so I have no problem with the built in tip and it is such a pleasure to be able to watch a movie while consuming good food with adult beverages and not have to endure the boorish behavior one is subjected to at other theater venues.

CineBistro on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment