Quote of the Day

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Libyan No-Fly Zone

Coalition fighter planes have shot down Libyan planes and helicopters, and in addition they wiped out a whole nest of flying tanks, flying trucks, flying artillery, and winged soldiers.

What? Tanks, trucks, artillery, and soldiers haven't sprouted wings in Libya you say? What about that airborne ammunition bunker? No wings there, either? So they weren't flying? They were attacked on the ground? I am bumfuzzled!

The U.N. Security Council authorized an embargo and a no-fly zone to protect Libyan civilians. I am not a fan of Gadhafi, and I would not be sadden by his departure or demise, but isn't this bombing of ground forces moving way beyond the concept of a no-fly zone? What's next - boots on the ground? And, whose boots?

Secretary of State Clinton stated that we are handing off war management to NATO. We can only hope. The spectre of another Mid-East war involving the United States looms large in my mind, and it is giving me a freaking headache! I think I will go out to the garden and ponder the posies for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment