Quote of the Day

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Food: A Texas Roadhouse Amongst The Corn And Beans

My lovely bride, the Belle of Ballast Point, who is also the custodian of, shall we say, the key to my marital bliss, mentioned that it would be in my best interests to accompany her this past week on a trip to her place of birth in Ohio for a family picnic reunion.

Before embarking on this journey I visited Urbanspoon to see what dining options were available in this hamlet of Limanites. Alas, my taste buds threatened mutiny when they discovered that the number one dining experience in Lima was the local burger doodle. For seafood, Captain D's was the winner.

Oh well, said I, a few pounds will probably be shed on this trip. But, holdeth thy horses! Near the hotel I spied a sign with an arrow pointing to the Texas Roadhouse. Texas inspires thoughts of beef and roadhouse inspires thoughts of a Patrick Swayze ass-whooping. I decided to give it a try, hoping for more of the former than the latter.

Texas Roadhouse on Urbanspoon
Texas Roadhouse on Urbanspoon
The Texas Roadhouse has a rustic western look with peanut shells scattered about the floor. The menu, on the other hand, brought on a massive drool as I spied choices for steak after steak, plus prime rib. My taste buds awaken from their slumber.

On my first visit to the Texas Roadhouse I chose the 20 oz. Bone-in Ribeye. This steak was seasoned and cooked to mouth-watering perfection. It was tender and juicy from the first bite to the last. This was almost worth the trip to this alien land way north of SOG City.

On a subsequent visit to the Roadhouse I ordered the 16 oz. prime rib. Again, prime beef perfection. My fellow diners raved about the Dallas Filet, the New York Strip, and the Ft. Worth Ribeye (no bone).

The steak dinners come with two sides and warm rolls appear as soon as you are seated. The margaritas are decent and there is an very adequate selection of beers, both bottled and draft.

But wait! There is more. You don't have to go all the way to the land of the Limas to enjoy the offerings at the Texas Roadhouse. I was pleased to discover that there is one much closer to home in Wesley Chapel. Even if this location was only half as good as the one up in the big O, then it would still be worth a drive to the pasture lands north of Tampa.

Besides, you didn't want to go all the way to Lima anyway, did you?

Bon appĂ©tit, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment