Quote of the Day

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Sigh! Mozart It Ain't

I am probably one of the few people on the planet who, until a few minutes ago, had never seen nor heard K-Pop star Psy's performance of Gangnam Style. Not wanting to appear too out of touch with reality or current events, I visited YouTube and downloaded this video:


Years ago, in a former life, I entertained the masses in the Tampa area as a disco deejay, playing in clubs, at private parties, school dances, Bar Mitzvahs, and goat roping events. When it appeared that disco was dying I took a buy-out and pursued other interests.

All I could think while enjoying Psy's performance was, "If disco is dead, why doesn't it lie down?" The energy and excitement generated by Gangnam Style ranks right up there with Travolta's performance in Saturday Night Fever, but the dance moves are simpler.



Feel that beat, move your feet, and boogie oogie oogie with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment