Quote of the Day

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Sicilian Dining In SOG City

To my knowledge there is no Sicilian restaurant in Tampa, much less south of Gandy Boulevard. What a shame, because Sicilian food is fantastic and really tasty. Also, the Sicilians seem to have one of the longest life spans of anyone on the planet.

Well, gosh darn, if you can't go out to enjoy Sicilian cuisine the only alternative is to Google Sicilian recipes, pick one and cook it yourself. That is exactly what the chef de cuisine of the SOG City kitchen did tonight.

I actually downloaded tonight's recipe several months ago, and consequently I don't remember from whence it came. If it is proprietary then I am sure somebody will let me know. In the meantime:





Tonight, instead of the traditional cauliflower, I chose broccoflower. Broccoflower refers to either of two edible plants of the species Brassica oleracea with light green heads. The edible portion is the immature flower head of the plant.


To my great surprise, I found this broccoflower at my neighborhood Pubix - where shopping is normally an adventure.

Whether you go white or green, the recipe is really delicious. Be adventurous!

Here is my mise en place:


Simply follow the recipe:



You should wind up here:


I save my recipes in MasterCook, and according to MC one serving is 487 calories with zero cholesterol, and 27 grams of fat. No wonder the Sicilians live so long.


No comments:

Post a Comment