Quote of the Day

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Oracle On Hiatus

We are taking some time off from blogging and restaurant reviewing. The Belle of Ballast Point, my bride Lydia, lost her mother earlier today. We have more important things to attend to for now.

Edith Wireman of Lima, Ohio succumbed to a combination cancer and old age. She was a feisty lady who fought to the bitter end.

Lydia and her Mom - circa 1955
Obituary and guest book may be accessed HERE.

Lydia and I thank those who have left comments with kind words of sympathy and support.


5 comments:

  1. So sorry to learn of this. You guys are in our thoughts...please let us know if there's anything we can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes to you and the Belle, Jon. We'll see you when we see you, and hopefully, that will be soon. In the meantime, please accept my sympathy during this hard time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jon, my condolences to Lydia and you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belle of Ballast PointApril 23, 2013 at 8:44 AM

    I want to thank all of Jon's and my blogger friends for your kind words of sympathy. Those words meant a lot.

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete