Quote of the Day

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Git'cher Q On At Kojak's

What's a holiday weekend without some 'Q', barbecue that is? I'm not talking about some faux Southern accent (that's just plum insulting) Sonny's Q, I'm talking about the good stuff at Kojak's House of Ribs on Gandy in Tampa. This is a true SOG City treasure. Kojak's is situated on the south side of the boulevard.

The Belle of Ballast Point and I decided to top off our glorious three day weekend with a delightful Kojak's dinner.


I was just beside myself with gastronomic delight over my Bar-B-Que Combination platter: Dark meat chicken, a couple of Kojak's famous ribs, and a link of Smoked Hot Sausage. All were perfectly smoked, and very juicy and tender. My two sides were superb accompaniments, the green beans and cole slaw.


After washing all of this yummy food down with a large draft, I was stuffed.

My bride had been craving pulled pork and that is what she got - a big plate of pork smoked for 8-10 hours in Kojak's custom smoker. Moist and tender, the Belle was in BBQ heaven. Tater salad and baked beans rounded out her meal to perfection.


Rebecca was our most charming server who catered to our every whim and deserved the better than 20% gratuity that we tacked on to our bill. We still got out there for under $60.00.

We enjoyed our meal outside on the front porch. It was a beautiful evening with great food and service.

Kojak's House of Ribs on Urbanspoon

Kojak's House Of Ribs on Foodio54

No comments:

Post a Comment